Canopy Simulations have changed the way motorsport teams find performance. We supply cutting edge vehicle simulation tools to teams across a variety of formulae in motorsport including Formula 1 and Formula E.
We are looking for engineers to join our team to ensure that our growing roster of customers have the best experience possible.
Working at Canopy
We operate a fully distributed team, so the ability to work independently and communicate effectively from a remote working location is vital. However, we are happy for employees to make the best possible use of the flexibility we offer. Canopy staff have previously spent months working from the Alps, Italy and Portugal, to name just a few. As long as you have a good internet connection, the world is your oyster.
We stay connected using Slack, as well as regular video calls and catch ups, and we meet in person from time to time too.
We offer a generous remuneration package, an experience of the technological cutting edge, and a friendly and flexible working environment.
If you join our team, you will gain an understanding of how the best commercially available simulation tools work, and what makes the leading cars in F1, Formula E, Indy Car, LMP and many other series tick.
A good degree in engineering is a pre-requisite for applying.
Our ideal applicant will have the following attributes:
- Experience in / good understanding of race car vehicle dynamics
- Extensive prior coding experience
- Knowledge and experience of C++
- Demonstrable ability in physical modelling, in particular an understanding of the maths and physics underlying physical systems.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with clients to help them understand their vehicle performance and extract the best possible value from our tools
- Diagnosing and fixing any bugs identified by clients or by in-house usage
- Implementing new features requested by clients, ranging from novel components to new ways to simulate aspects of car performance key to competitive success.
To apply please send your CV and a short cover note telling us about yourself, and why you’d like to work for Canopy, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.